7/22/2008

It's here - the new summer-mix tape. Luckily Ben allowed me to use his decks on the weekend so I recorded this mix for you - dear reader - and the listeners of a local radio station called Corax in Halle an der Saale / Germany. Being aware of the fact that not all readers might be able to tune in to Corax, you can easily download the 45 minute long mix here:

Kaneda - Sommermixtape


Tracklist:
01 Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band - Sunshower
02 San Serac - Tyrant (Alternate Version)
03 Carmen - Time to move
04 Metro Area - read my mind
05 Lo-Fi-Fnk - City (The Teenagers Remix)
06 LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great
07 I:Cube - Prophetization
08 Roland Appel - New Love
09 Cut Copy - Hearts on Fire (Joakim Remix)
10 Ada - Barren Space
11 Solomun - Black Rose (Trickski Remix)
12 Stateless - Bloodstream (Henrik Schwarz Club Mix)

It's not perfect, but I was pretty hangover when I did the table-turning so please excuse me and the mix for that. Thanks. The reason for that: the first rooftop party at the new place. Although not everyone could come it was a lovely evening and I thin everybody enjoyed the mild breeze up there, combined with some strong booze and, Schwäbischem Kartoffelsalat and italian-style pasta-salad. Handmade. With fresh ingredents.

If you ever wondered what G's parents and legs look like - here you go. Pretty lovely in my opinion.

Roofsitters enjoying Potatosalad

Also Chris and me saw Diplo, A-Trak, Blaquestarr and some fancy dancers at the Central Park Summerstage on sunday. I rode Tyrone up there and was sweating like a rappist - but luckily I was not the only one. It felt like the whole city was sweating that day at about 35°C.

A-Trak spinning his Serato

New Yorkers spinning umbrellas under the merciless sun
Anyhoo, it was really fun, especially because it was free and Diplo really rocked the crowd - way better then A-Track or Blaquestarr.

Diplo: All he wanna do is just - bass bass bass - and take no money

We left before Santagold started her show, but I guess that was awesome as well. Coming up soon: Jill Scott and Jamie Lidell - both for free as well. I love that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ach ich bin soooo neidisch. ich will auch brooklyn luft schnuppern. schnief. hoffe dir gehts gut. brief? schöne fotos. ich krieg fernweh. sehnsucht. hacaaaachhachachach.
kisses! kc

Anonymous said...

merci for giving me at least some kind of summer feeling...büros ohne fenster und abstruse arbeitszeiten führen leider nicht dazu, dass man am leben in der aussen-(wetter)welt teilnehmen kann...
grüße aus saskatoon, m.